Facilitator: Mark Adams CPsychol MISCP (Accred)
How can I use psychology-informed coaching approaches to support either myself or other adults/young adults to maintain or enhance their resilience?
This workshop will support participants to develop a toolbox of practical, evidence-informed strategies that we can apply to improve our own or others' ability to deal with change, challenge or adversity. The session is aimed at coaches, psychologists, and other people who may have an interest or investment in helping other adults/young adults to develop enhanced resilience. The methods covered draw upon a combination of tools and principles informed by cognitive-behavioural and ACT (Acceptance & Commitment Therapy)- based approaches.
Feedback from previous participants
"Excellent resources delivered in a positive, motivating way. I feel better about personal circumstances now and empowered to use these tools with others. Thank-you!" - Senior Educational Psychologist
"Very useful day. Informative and helpful strategies for both self-reflection and working with others. Thanks!" - Educational Psychologist
ISCP Approved Centre Status
Aspen Psychology Services Ltd. is a recognised Approved Centre with the International Society for Coaching Psychology, with APS courses/workshops being recognised by the ISCP as providing CPD/CPE for learners via our Approved Centre status. Delegate certificates will display the ISCP Approved Centre logo, while attendees of ISCP-recognised courses/workshops can apply for free Affiliate Membership of the ISCP if desired (after attending an APS coaching workshop, you will be sent a form enabling you to do this should you wish).
About Mark Adams CPsychol AFISCP (Accred)
Mark Adams has 25 years' experience of working in education as a teacher, Educational Psychologist, and Coaching Psychologist. He is a British Psychological Society Chartered Educational Psychologist, an accredited member of the International Society for Coaching Psychology (ISCP), an Associate Fellow of the ISCP, and in 2022 became a Chartered Coaching Psychologist within the British Psychological Society's Division of Coaching Psychology. In 2023, Mark became an Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society.
Mark has worked as an Educational Psychologist since 2003, supporting schools and families to identify and support individual children's needs while also helping schools to further develop their knowledge and provision. As a Coaching Psychologist, Mark has now accumulated over 800 hours of direct coaching time with individuals and teams, and is also an experienced trainer with experience of working nationally, internationally and online. He is also a published author and conference speaker on the subject of coaching & coaching psychology (see here). Mark is passionate about providing people with enjoyable, interactive, satisfying and learning-rich experiences that result in enhanced benefits for the people they provide services to – a wonderful win-win situation!
Mark has completed courses in coaching and coaching psychology with the Centre for Coaching, London, and maintains a commitment to his own continuous professional development through reflective practice, supervision, reading books & journals, attending CPD courses, writing, facilitating workshops, and participating in peer practice groups.
Terms and Conditions of booking
1. APS events may be postponed or cancelled if there are less than 10 participants. If this eventuality arises, participants will be given at least 14 days' notice. If the event is cancelled, refunds will be issued.
2. APS reserves the right to amend the content of events, or to cancel or postpone events.
3. Payment for all fee-charging events is required in advance.
4. If you wish to cancel an existing paid-for booking, you will be eligible for a refund if you cancel at least 14 days before the date of the event.
5. Completion of the Place Booking Form indicates a request for a place, and is not a guarantee of a place being provided. Places for webinars or workshops cannot be guaranteed if the application is submitted less than 48 hours before the event.
6. When you submit the booking form, you can choose to be added to the APS mailing list. You will then receive occasional emails from APS as blog posts, resources and services are updated. You can unsubscribe from this list at any time, either by following the instructions on the email or contacting Mark Adams directly.
7. Online events take place on the 'Zoom' platform. Users make use of the service at their own risk; however, events will take place with the following settings/rules to enhance security: (i) The webinars will not be recorded; (ii) The 'Waiting Room' feature will be 'On', meaning that participants will not be able to join until their identity is verified and the host is ready; (iii) Participants are reminded NOT to click on any links that may be posted in the 'Chat'/'Questions' sections of the platform, unless advised by the facilitator.